Monday, February 9, 2009

project 365 ~ week 6

sunday feb, 1st

last saturday my family had a birthday party for me and my mom gave me this gardenia plant! i love gardenias! i just noticed it has a bloom. yea! i will share when it decides to open and share it's beauty!







monday, feb 2nd

maggie loves fancy nancy! for those of you with little girls, these books are so cute. you must check them out! this is her dressing up as fancy nancy and holding one of her books!! i think she did a pretty good job. don't you?



tuesday, feb 3rd

on tuesdays we try and always meet up with some friends at one of the local parks when the weather is nice. it has been cold lately so we have been meeting at mc d's but this past tues it was real nice, a little windy but for the most part warm. so the kids had a blast running around and letting go of some winter energy. here is billy swinging. he love to swing.



wednesday, feb 4th

look what i won!! can you believe it? woo hoo for me! there are some blogs that i read on a daily basis that do giveaways and i must say i am addicted!! if you check out under fun sites to the left, they have some fun and great giveaways. this is actually the third thing that i have one. be careful though, it really is addictive, especially when they have one of there 'giveaway carnivals'.

on to amazing grace. i put some lotion on and asked joe what he though and this is what he said to me. not sure how to take it.

me: babe, smell the new lotion i just got.
joe: smells good.
me: you like it? ( i always want to smell good for my man )
joe: yea. it reminds me of fishing at the coast.
me: (thinking to myself ) are you kidding me? fishing??
joe: yes, you know like fishing, with shrimp in the salty air...
me: it smells like raw shrimp??
joe: yes, like shrimp and fishing, at the coast. repeating it like i didn't understand the first time. now not knowing what to say and trying to explain what he means says, no, not like raw fish or anything just fishing at he coast.
me: ok well i won't wear it anymore because i don't want to smell like i've been fishing.
joe: no, thats not what i am saying

me: it sounds like you are saying i smell like fish or shrimp or whatever... now i'm laughing at this point

after about 10 more mins of him trying to figure out how to explain what he was meaning and me trying to figure out what he was trying to say this is what i came up with. it reminds him of the warm, salty evening air at the beach, minus all the raw fish smells.... needless to say i don't know if i will be able to wear this without thinking of raw shrimp... not even sure it will ever be worn again..... gotta love him!




thursday, feb 5th

here is the bloom! beautiful. i wonder what God was thinking of when me made gardenias.




friday, feb 6th

i was in my room and i heard a crash and when i walked into the living room this is what i found. billy has now learned to open the fridge and he found the eggs.








saturday, feb 7th

this is my grandmother. we call her nanno. we had family in town this weekend and we meet in austin to eat dinner. her birthday was on wed so my cousin gretchen secretly told our waiter that we were celebrating her 100th birthday, she really is only 89. this was her reaction to him announcing to the restaurant that she was 100! great picture nanno!! i haven't laughed that hard in a long time.








3 comments:

Karen Lambert said...

Great Pictures
I love Gardenias too. They smell so good. Perhaps you can put a gardenia in your hair when you were the lotion and then you won't think of shrimp. Gotta love Joe for being poetic when he tried to describe the lotion.

Jenna said...

My niece got a Fancy Nancy doll for Christmas. Mostly because she has extremely curly hair just like Fancy Nancy. I didn't know there was a line of books about her.

Amy said...

the conversation with joe is precious. made me laugh.