Tuesday, September 9, 2008

new friends

mag's first day of preschool kicked off on monday. she woke up in a good mood but very nervous. she said she was too nervous to eat breakfast and have her morning ritual, strawberry milk.

when we got to school, she gave me a big hug and kiss and with no crying she walked right in. i was so proud of her. she was so brave!
when i picked her up she said she had a good day and that she liked her teachers, ms. kendall and ms. mary. it's like pulling teeth sometimes to get out of her what she did at school and today was no exception. so i decided to ask her what her most favorite part of the day was and she told me it was making new friends!
my sweet little girl is growing up.


this is what maggie made at school. hand prints, of her and anika, one of her new friends.


4 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Christi,

How sweet! I'm glad Maggie had a great day! What does Billy think of Maggie's new adventure?

Plant Lady

Julie said...

Hi Christi!

I found your blog through Angie's blog. (bring the rain) Your two little ones are adorable. I have three children. My youngest, Morgan, started kindergarten this year. We sent her last year to pre-k to help her get over her, hmmm how shall I say this, she is just so stinkin' shy! There is no other way to put it. Though there wer days of tears, from both Morgan and myself as they literrally peeled her off of my husband and I, it was truly a blessing. It turns out by the time parent teacher conferences came along, her teacher said that she was the "social butterfly" of the class. Our first instinct was to ask if she had the right Morgan. (: We were so pleased to hear the news. This year was a major improvement and it seems like they grow up so fast! Take care and feel free to visit my blog!

God Bless!
Julie

Julie said...

Christie,

Thanks for stopping by. I posted a few other pics of the fight and of the boys with my camera. I have an aunt that lives in pasodena. They said it was pretty rough! Stay safe and I will be praying! Can't wait to read your next post!

God Bless!
Julie

Shelly C said...

Christi, I'm glad Magg's had such a great day at school. I know she'll really enjoy Ms. Kendall and Ms. Mary (course I'm a little biased when it comes to Mary, being her big sis and all) they are great teachers. See you soon. S