Sunday, September 7, 2008

keeping a straight face

i had to share this.

maggie and billy were in his room earlier today and they seemed to be playing well together. then i hear this SLAP! you know, one of those sounds you know exactly what it is when you hear it; a hand hitting a bare back. billy's bare back. ( try to say that 10 times real fast ). strangely enough i didn't hear any crying. not a moment later billy comes walking down the hall and i noticed, of course, a red hand print on his back. maggie is not 5 steps behind him, not knowing that i am on to her. i asked her if she slapped billy. she gave me that look that she gets when she is deciding if she should tell the truth or tell a fib. like she was thinking it over. she walked up to me and said " i didn't see anything". ok, i'm thinking to myself, what? maybe she didn't understand the question so i repeated myself. "maggie, did you slap your brother on the back. look, right here. there is a hand print on his back." she then proceeded to tell me, " i didn't see me so anything!" what? i said again to her. as serious as she could be she says, "mom, i didn't see my hand hit him on his back! really, i didn't!"

are you kidding me? where does she get these things. i then had the lie/fib vs telling the truth conversation and she fessed up to the crime and told me she was very sorry.

could you have kept a straight face? it's hard, really hard sometimes!

ok, could you have

3 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Christi,
What a fun story!
How do they come up with some of these things? I hope Billy wasn't wounded too badly.

Blessings,
Plant Lady

Audrey and Company said...

I could not have kept a straight face. I am right there with you. Love you!

Traci said...

Too funny. Where DO they come up w/ this stuff?! Biting your lip helps you not laugh. :)