Sunday, August 17, 2008

maggie's first sleepover!

on friday, maggie went to her first sleepover at her friend makena's house. they asked her at the begining of the week if she wanted to come and spend the night and she said that she wasn't sure. she later told me that she was a little nervous. she said " what if i wake up in the middle of the night ?" i told her that if she did, makena and her mom would be there. she said, " i think i just want to go play over there with her. " i told her that that was fine she could spend the night when she was ready.
about two days later she had climbed in bed with me after her daddy had left for work and whispered to me, " mom, i think i am ready to spend the night at makena's ." i asked her if she wanted me to call and tell them and she said yes!
so, that brings us to these precious pictures. i know i am silly for taking these pictures but she was so excited and really, so was i. she has grown so much this past year. for the ones who know maggie, you know what i mean and for those of you who are not that familiar with her, she is very shy and it takes her awhile to warm up to people. so really, this is a huge thing for her. she is really coming out of her shell and trying and exploring new things and is not nearly afraid of the "not known things" like she used to be. God has answered prayers and we are so blessed by her.
enough of my rambling. here are the pictures i took!

makena and maggie


makena mom bought each of them a special sleepover surprise bag. in each of the bags it had a coloring book, construction paper, gel pens, markers, crayons, glitter fingernail polish, lip gloss, note pad and the cutest thing of all, matching pajama's!!! oh my gosh, they LOVED to matching pajama's!

maggie and makena with their matching hoot owl pj's

they had so much fun. thank you wendy for making this so special of them. they are the best of friends and i know maggie will remember this forever, so will i.

4 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Precious! How was Maggie's sleepover? Did she have a good time?

I can remember my first "Pajama Party". I, too, was quite nervous about it.

Love the pictures! Tell Maggie I just LOVE those "jammies". I want a pair like them!

Plant Lady

Audrey and Company said...

Love the sleepover suprise bag of goodies. I am going to have to remember that for when Audrey has her first sleep over. I am so proud of Maggie. She truly has come a long way!

Shelly C said...

Wow, way to go Miss Mags... tell her I'm so proud of her. It's fun and sad watching them grow up.

Kim said...

I remember those days of sleepovers! We still have them in our women's ministry here at our church! I just love those beautiful pictures!!! I found your blog through my wonderful new friend the Plant Lady! I will definitely be back to visit!
Kim