Monday, August 11, 2008

a father's love

this story really touched my heart and i wanted to share it with all of you. after i read this and watched the video, the Lord spoke to my heart and asked me if this was how i would act if i stood in this fathers shoes. would i sit in self pity over my circumstances or would i ........ "do all things through Christ who strengthens me"


A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon
with me?'. The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.
They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on
to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his
son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his
father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father
said 'Yes' too.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever.
The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86
kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike
ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the
coast of theBig Island . Father and son went on to complete the race
together. This is their race…



1 comment:

Paula V said...

I've seen this video and there are not words to describe it. I can't imagine the incredible love of this father that is driving him and providing him physical strength to do this. It's a wonderful illustration of our Father's deep love for us.