Monday, July 28, 2008

Gods fingerprint



this past weekend we drove to north east texas for the annual cox family reunion. this year we had it at dangerfield state park. wow! this place was just beautiful! you could see Gods fingerprints everywhere! pine trees! i wish you could have seen the pine trees. it was almost like they were reaching up to the sky, like they couldnt get high enough! they were so tall. they made a canopy over the roads throughout the park. breathtaking. being from central tx, you dont see trees like that here.wouldn't you know i forgot my camera. my mom had hers so i will get the pics from her and then post them soon.




here are some highlights from the weekend.

  • i saw a cousin and his wife and 3 kids from california that i havent seen in 11 yrs. great to see them and hear what is going on in their lives.

  • all other family that i havent seen since last years reunion.

  • played the card game skip-bo that i havent played in years.

  • watching everyone play football while the little kids cheered them on.

  • got to love on all my cousins kids. its so neat to see them all and to know that right now they are making the memories like the ones that i hold so close to my heart of being with my cousins.

  • going on a paddle boat ride to the middle of the lake with my mom and sister and wondering how and who was going to paddle us back. ( that hard work! )

  • watching maggie play with all her cousins and just loving every minute of it!




not so good highlights from the weekend

  • my sister loosing her glasses in the middle of the lake as she jumped off the platform

  • 6 hr long car ride home but it was worth it.

  • 100 degree heat (thank the Lord for the lake)

  • tim, my cousin jennifer husband, hurt his foot playing football. still waiting to hear what the doctor has said now that he is home.

  • maggie not feeling well for most of the weekend. she had some type of virus.

  • my cousin ric being sick and not being able to join us from tn. hope you are feeling better!


thank you Lord for my family and i also want to thank you for allowing us all to be there together in your beautiful creation. Lord i ask you to bless each and everyone of them!

2 comments:

Paula V said...

Hey Christi. I see you how a lovely time at your reunion from your recap.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You asked how I get them so pink...I plum leave 'em alone.

I did not know about a rusty nail in the grown causing them to turn blue. I did know we can purchase a product to put on them to do that. I bet the makers of the product don't want the secret of the rusty name to get on the loose and publicized.

Plant Lady said...

Christi,
About those contact lenses, you might want to check Chester to see if Billy decided he needed better vision! Who knows, it's possible!
Ha! Ha!